I use Libby for my ebooks & audio, how do I request titles you don't have? Answered By: Deirdre Routt Last Updated: Apr 01, 2020 Views: 71
Unfortunately you cannot request titles for the library to purchase in the LIbby App.
There are two options.
First, you can request them if you go to to our Overdrive site.
Submitting suggestions through OverDrive (our eBook vendor) is the fastest and easiest way to suggest an eBook or eAudiobook for purchase. This will automatically put you on hold for the title if we are able to purchase it.
1. Log in to our OverDrive site with your library card number and pin.
2. Search for the title of the book you want to suggest.
3. On the results page, select Recommend to library under the "Availability" filter. Titles the library doesn't own are added to your results.
4. To tell which titles aren't part of the digital collection, look for a Not owned banner and Recommend link. Click or tap Recommend to recommend a title. If prompted, sign in.
5. A pop-up will open where you can choose to be placed on the wait list or just be notified if your library purchases the title.
6. Select Recommend this title to complete your recommendation.
If you do not see the title you're looking for, it is not available for OPL to purchase as eBook or eAudiobook.
If the title you requested does not appear in our OverDrive catalog within a month after your request, OPL was not able to purchase it.
The second way is to request through AskOPL.
If you are not able to put in a request through Overdrive, please submit a question through AskOPL, and your request will be submitted to our Collection Development Team. For requests submitted this way you will have to place your own holds. As above, if the title you requested does not appear in Libby within a month after your request we were not able to purchase it.