Skip to Questions

AskOPL - If you have questions, we have answers!


I live outside Omaha/Douglas County but work in an Omaha school. Can I get a card for school use?

I live in Bellevue and currently pay for my Omaha Library card. I also work in a Catholic School that is part of the Omaha Public School District. I work in our school library.
Last Updated: Apr 14, 2017  |  85 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


Business cards can be issued to any business in Douglas County.  A registration form must be completed.  The name of the person responsible for the library card is included on the first line of the address following C/O so that notices will be mailed in care of the responsible party.  You will need to bring a letter on letterhead signed by the owner, manager, or principal and listing the person(s) responsible for the card and a photo ID. Business cards must be renewed annually.
Individual business cards can be issued to separate departments within a business or separate classrooms within a school.  Make sure the title of the business indicates the department or class name.  Of course, each department/class will have a different individual named as the responsible party for the library card.  The types of materials are not limited on a business card – any items which are normally checked are allowed to be checked out on a business card and you will be able to use our databases on our website.

Answered by Russ HarperBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Browse by Popular Topics

    View All Topics

    Related content from Resource & Research Guides