How do I renew a book?
I have a book checked out that is due tomorrow, but I would like to keep it another week. How do I do that?
Last Updated: Jan 09, 2013 | 372 Views
Was this helpful? 1 0
There are several ways you can renew an item that you have checked out.
- Call our 24 hour renewal phone number at 402-444-4100, and have your library barcode and PIN available
- Visit our website and follow the link to "My Account" which is located at the top right of the screen.
- If it's the first time using our online catalog, you'll be asked to create a user name. After that either your user name or library barcode will work. You will also need your PIN to renew your items online.
- After you log in, hover your mouse over the word "My OPL", at the left of your screen in the blue bar.
- You should see many options come up underneath, but you want the first one - Checked Out.
- Once you've clicked on that you should see a list of items checked out to your card. Check the box next to the item(s) you want to renew, then click on the blue 'Renew' button at the top of your list.
- Call any of our 12 locations, and our staff can help you over the phone
- Stop by the circulation desk at any of our 12 locations and let the staff member know you want to renew your items.