I am connected to internet but Overdrive tells me I'm not. I can't put the book into Overdrive Console to play. What can I do.
If you are using a PC or a Mac, please try the below steps.
1. Configure firewalls or Internet security applications to allow OverDrive Media Console and/or Windows Media Player to have Internet access.
2. Disable any web accelerators that you may be running.
3. Add proxy server log-in information to OverDrive Media Console as follows......
a. Open OverDrive Media Console and select Tools > Options.
b. Check the box next to 'My Internet connection requires authentication'
c. Complete the 'User name' and 'Password' fields
d. Click 'OK'
If you are having this issue on a mobile device:
1. Open Settings and choose “Wi-Fi”
2. Find the wireless network the device is connected to and tap on the (>) blue arrow – not the name of the router.
3. Under the DHCP tab (the default), scroll down to reveal “Renew Lease” and tap on it, confirm to renew the lease when asked.