I can't get anything from the link to Freegal. It just gives me a generic note about what the service is with no links to it.
Hi. I'm not sure which link you are using, but it sounds like it is taking you to the wrong place. That sounds like the generic Freegal website. You can only get there bypassing through our website, as it will identify you as one of our patrons. Try these steps and see if you are successful!
- Go to our website at http://www.omahalibrary.org
- Find the blue bar across the top of the screen, and hover your mouse over "Catalog" to see a menu of options
- In that menu, click on "Music Downloads"
- You will see some descriptive text, and at the bottom a link that says "Click here to download music from Freegal"
- When you click on that link, you will be at a site where you will need to enter your library barcode and PIN
- After you enter this information, you can start downloading free music!
This should work. It sounds as though you were trying to go directly to the Freegal site. Remember that you have to pass through our site first so that it knows you are legit!