Does OPL have a child-parent reading or playtime program for enfants (8 months)?
OPL has several storytime/lapsit programs for infants. Below is the current schedule, as of October 2013. You may wish to call the listed branch for a given program before you visit: http://www.omahalibrary.org/about-us/locations-hours
You may also be intererested in our Baby Reads program, if you child has not already been registered for his or her own library card. http://www.omahalibrary.org/programs/baby-reads
Baby Lapsit Schedule:
- Wednesdays, 9:00 AM, Library: Millard Branch
- Now at a new earlier time is lapsit storytime for infants. Enjoy brief interactive stories and play designed to encourage speech with a pre-walking child.
- Wednesdays, 10:30 AM, Library: Abrahams Branch
- A storytime especially for babies up to the age of 18 months. Enjoy a special one-on-one experience for parents/caregivers and their children.
- Thursdsays, 9:30 AM, Library: Saddlebrook Branch
- Enjoy one-on-one time with your infant! We'll tell stories, sing songs, and move around to introduce a love of language and reading to your pre-talker. This is a great way to get out of the house, mee...
- Thursdays, 10:30 AM, Library: Saddlebrook Branch
- Enjoy one-on-one time with your infant! We'll tell stories, sing songs, and move around to introduce a love of language and reading to your pre-talker.
- Fridays, 10:30 AM , Library: Sorensen Branch
- Parents and babies will enjoy this program with rhyming games, puppets, songs and musical instruments.
- Fridays, 10:30 AM, Library: Elkhorn Branch
- Enjoy interactive baby time, a new program with music and movement for infants and caregivers. For newborn to 18 months old.
Omaha Public Library Kids' Programs: http://www.omahalibrary.org/programs/kids-programs
OPL Calendar of Events: http://host2.evanced.info/omaha/evanced/eventcalendar.asp?Lib=ALL