I used the hold list to gather all the titles I want and then suspend them until I am ready to read them. Sometimes when I try to suspend a hold
Hello! Thanks for your question. The problem may be that if you are first in line for a hold, the system does not allow you to freeze it. Another way to keep track of things you plan to read in future is to use the "For Later" shelf function.
Your For Later shelf is like a wish list, a place to keep track of titles you’d like to borrow at some point. You can make items on this shelf public (visible to others) or private.
You can add a title to your For Later shelf from:
- Search results
- A title’s details page
- Another patron’s Completed, In Progress or For Later shelf
- Your Checked Out page
- Awards and bestsellers pages
- A list
- The For Later page itself.
► To add a title to your For Later shelf
- From any of an item’s details page, search results, awards and bestseller lists, or another patron’s shelves, click the Add to My Shelves link next to the item.
- From the pull-down menu, click For Later.
You can always access your "For Later" shelf under MyOPL (the tab furthest to the left on the homepage)/My Connections.
From there you can place a hold once you're ready to read the item.
I hope this helps--call us if you have any questions! 402-444-4800.