Skip to Questions

AskOPL - If you have questions, we have answers!


How can a non-resident get a library card?

Last Updated: Jul 20, 2010  |  91 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


If you do not live or own property in Douglas County, you may purchase a non-resident membership for a period of 4 months ($25.00) or 12 months ($75.00).  Payment is required from only ONE household member but everyone in your household can get a card. Gift memberships may also be purchased.

If you are a City of Omaha or County of Douglas government entities, you are entitled to free library privileges with the Omaha Public Library, even if you live outside of Douglas County.                                                   

For active military personnel who live outside of Douglas County, OPL will offer free library privileges.  This privilege is granted for any U.S. service person on active duty only.  If check-out privileges/cards are desired for the rest of his/her household, a non-resident membership must be purchased.

Lastly, we do have reciprocal agreements with the Council Bluffs, Lincoln, Ralston and Metro Community College library systems.  However, before full privileges are granted you must be in good standing with your home library system.  In order to be in good standing, the home library account must be current (not expired) and must contain no blocks (excessive fees, overdue items, etc.) that would limit privileges from your home library system.

Answered by AprilBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Browse by Popular Topics

    View All Topics

    Related content from Resource & Research Guides