how to reserve a book on line
There could be a few things going wrong. I just tried placing a hold myself and the system seems to be working. For fastest service, please call one of our branches and someone can help you over the phone with your library card number (you will need to confirm some details) and the title that you are trying to place a hold on. If you feel comfortable you can share that same information here, through AskOPL (it may take a little longer to respond).
In addition, here are some instructions from our online help on Holds
And here is the information on how to reserve a book online from our online help:
In a search results list, place a hold by looking to the right of the title:
- Click on the green button with the words Place a Hold.
If you’re looking at a title’s record:
- Click on the green button with the words Place a Hold on the right side of the screen.
To see what you already have on hold:
- Click on the blue Log In button located in the upper right-hand corner
- Choose the Holds menu option under My Borrowing
- Log into your account if you haven't already
Enable one-click holds for faster service!
You can enable one-click holds by checking the box you see when you place a hold that says Enable Single Click Holds. Once you enable one-click holds, you will be able to place a hold in one-click as long as you're logged in.
You can have 40 items on hold at one time. This includes any paused holds.
You can also call any OPL location to place a hold.