Omaha City Dir. question: Verify Farnham Liquor House - 2401 Farnham St. (1935-1942). Thanks!!
Thanks for asking!
The bar and package liquor dealer at 2401 Farnam Street went through a few name changes while still having a continuity of ownership under Ben H. Simon. It appears in various entries as Farnam Liquor House, Farnam Liquor Store (as early as 1939), and eventually Farnam Bar. It appears in city directories from 1938 - 1958 but was incorporated and opened in November of 1936 per the Omaha World Herald, and the sale of the final fixtures and remodeling under new ownership took place in February/March of 1959.
A good general history of the property is available in the nomination document that entered the Ottawa Block structure into the National Register of Historic Places: https://landmark-static.cityofomaha.org/images/Article/Ottawa_Block/DO09-0209-045_Ottawa_Block_Signed.pdf
For more detailed information please contact email@example.com by email.