How the hell do I put a book on reserve? What is Baq?
Thank you for using AskOPL.
When you are using the Omaha Public Library catalog you can only place a hold when you are logged into your OPL account. There is a blue button at the top right of the screen which reads: Log In/MyOPL if you click that, a drop down menu appears. Then you click a Green Button which reads: Log In/Register. That takes you to a log in screen where you enter your username or all 14 numbers on your library card and your 14-number PIN.
Once you are logged in you can search by clicking the magnifying glass, and in a search results list, place a hold by looking to the right of the title:
- Click on the green button with the words Place a Hold.
If you’re looking at a title’s record:
- Click on the green button with the words Place a Hold on the right side of the screen.
To see what you already have on hold:
- Click on the blue button located in the upper right-hand corner which will now display your username
- Choose the Holds menu option under My Borrowing
- You can also log into your account at this stage if you haven't already
Enable one-click holds for faster service!
You can enable one-click holds by checking the box you see when you place a hold that says Enable Single Click Holds. Once you enable one-click holds, you will be able to place a hold in one-click as long as you're logged in.
You can have 40 items on hold at one time. This includes any paused holds.
You can also call any OPL location to place a hold.
I am not sure what Baq is. FAQ is an aronym for Frequently Asked Questions.